So you’ve decided to invest in a new fan or two to keep your home cool and breezy this summer. Great! But while selecting the right style and colour of fan for your space is important, it’s also essential that you consider a few other key factors:
• Large diameter fans are not reserved exclusively for large rooms. If you want your fan to be a standout feature in the room, then a large fan in a smaller room is perfectly fine. It all comes down to personal preference and the overall look and feel you want to achieve.
• In rooms such as the living room, family area and master bedroom you need a fan with large blades to generate airflow. A blade size of 132cm or more is required.
• For the kitchen, dining room, child’s bedroom and home office, a fan with a blade size of between 122cm and 132cm is ideal.
• To get the most out of your fan, be sure to mount it in the centre of the room.
• Always keep safety in mind when installing a ceiling fan. The bottom of the blades should be at least 2.1m above the floor, and the blades should be at least 30cm away from the nearest wall.
• Consider installing multiple fans in rooms that are long or very large.
We'll be adding the following designs to our range in 2019: